Parent Advocacy is available for parents with learning difficulties, learning disabilities, autism and mental health issues who are going through child protection and family court proceedings.
Advocates help parents to:
- Understand information being shared by a range of professionals involved in the child protection and family court process
- Meaningfully participate within meetings
- Understand and secure their rights within the process
- Make informed choices
- Have their voice heard by supporting them to express their views and wishes
- Access legal representation when necessary
- Advocate for themselves
Advocates are independent, qualified and experienced in understanding the rights of parents within the child protection process.