Preventative issue based advocacy is available for people who are not eligible for statutory advocacy services but for whom advocacy support may prevent further support from adult social care.
People are eligible for advocacy support if:
- They are over the age of 18, live in Warrington and/or are registered with a Warrington GP
- They are a vulnerable person where one or more of the following applies:
- Mental health needs
- Leaning difficulty/disability
- Sensory or physical impairment
- Older person
- Long term health condition
- Acquired brain injury
- Socially isolated or disadvantaged
Advocacy relates to a specific issue.
Advocates are independent and experienced in helping people to speak up, secure their rights, represent their interests and obtain services they need.