Job Opportunity – Project and Engagement Worker
Projects and Engagement Worker
Fixed-term Part-time Vacancy (12 months)
21 hours a week (Three days)
(£21,322 FTE NJC Scale 4 point 10)
Warrington Speak Up has an exciting new opportunity to be part of a team that delivers self-advocacy, project work and participation and engagement services.
We are looking for a dynamic, energetic and creative project and engagement worker who is passionate about making a difference in people’s lives.
Warrington Speak Up has as strong reputation across the Northwest for delivering innovative and creative project work and is the lead provider in Warrington for delivering statutory and non-statutory advocacy services.
Learning Disability Projects
To work as part of a team to help deliver the following:
- To develop, co-ordinate and support a range of advocacy projects that make a demonstrable difference to the quality of life for young people and adults with learning disabilities and autism
- To strengthen the voice of young people and adults with learning disabilities to speak up, make informed decisions, take more control over their lives and participate and contribute meaningfully within their communities.
- To support self-advocates to collectively share their views and ideas with relevant 3rd sector, independent and statutory organisations and to comment on, influence and shape service delivery.
Mental Health Projects
To work as part of a team to deliver the following:
- To actively engage with people who access a range of groups, services and mental health activities to establish their views and experiences on the services they receive.
- To explore and evaluate prominent themes emerging through the engagement activity to evidence and inform service improvement.
- To communicate with partners the work that is undertaken and promote positive collaboration and involvement of people with an experience of poor mental health in the design, development and improvement of services.
- To support Get Warrington Talking, promote awareness of mental health and challenge stigma and discrimination with the support of Get Warrington Talking Champions (people with a lived experience of poor mental health who campaign to end mental health discrimination)
- To source funding, co-ordinate and deliver bespoke and creative mental health projects.
To find out more please contact Warrington Speak Up for an information pack.
Tel: 01925 246 888
Email: [email protected]
Closing date: 5pm July 2nd, 2021
Interviews: July 14th, 2021